If you were with me in my office, I would ask you questions to help evaluate your client’s use and make a plan for how and when to intervene.
Since we are in different parts of the world I created the Treatment Planning Tool to make my process more accessible to you
The Tool includes:
- Fillable PDF workbook to jot down thoughts as you go through the questions
- Save or print this document so you can use it the way that makes sense for you
- Helpful videos to take your knowledge even further
- Handy appendix with information about the most commonly used substances
The cost is $55 USD.
Have you ever experienced this in your practice?
- Your client is using substances, but aren’t sure if you should broach the subject
- You want to bring up the substance use but aren’t sure where to start
- You have questions about how concerned you should be about a person’s use
If any of this sounds familiar,
this Treatment Planning Tool might be the perfect fit for you!
Hi, I’m Betsy.
I’m a licensed therapist, substance use counselor, clinical supervisor and a person in long-term recovery from substance use. When I started in our field I felt confident in my grad school education and life experience. I figured that I knew most of what I needed to know about doing therapy.
In my first year as a therapist I learned quickly that I was missing a large chunk of information. I had clients who were using substances and I realized I had no idea what to do. I had found my way into my own recovery from substances, but I didn’t know how to translate that to my clients.
I spent the following few years learning everything I could from the substance use counselors I worked with. I went to training, I read articles and talked with my clinical supervisor. I was so thankful I was able to learn what I needed to know! I’m excited to bring this information to you so that you can bring more healing and freedom to your clients!
Betsy has a way of making complex concepts related to trauma, substance abuse, and mental health issues extremely approachable. I have enjoyed learning from her about substance abuse issues since my background is in mental health and trauma work. She makes the learning enjoyable while also helping me to apply these concepts to my work with clients. I cannot recommend her highly enough.
When you download the Treatment Planning Tool you’ll learn how to:
- Consider the level of risk facing your clients.
- Determine the level of use as it relates to the DSM criteria.
- Examine the stage of change that your client is currently in.
- Reflect on the purpose of your client’s use.
- Identify the roadblocks to change and decide where to intervene.
You will walk away with an understanding of how soon you need to talk with your client, how to approach them about substance use and prepare for the issues that might be in the way of the client making changes.
She has a wealth of knowledge and experience, yet explains information in a way that is easy to understand and easy to apply to my clients. I left our consultations with several ideas about how to move forward with clients and address concerns I was unsure how to handle. Her experience, knowledge and the time she shares with you are worth so much!
-Veronica G.L. LICSW
You might be wondering if you know enough
to intervene in your client’s use…
The Treatment Planning Tool will help you consider the factors involved when deciding where to start. You already have the skills needed to talk to your client about sensitive topics, now you just need a few steps to take in order to begin.
It’s time to take the next step!
The Treatment Planning Tool is a great companion to the Substance Use Decision Tree and will help you conceptualize individual cases so that you can tailor your interventions to meet each person’s need.
The Cost is $55 USD.