My top 3 questions to
jumpstart your interventions
Screening Skills for Substance Use Webinar
Feel free to share with colleagues as well. If you have questions please reach out to me at email@example.com
Screening Skills for Substance Use shares my top 3 screening questions to help you explore important parts of your client’s substance use.
Don’t have time to watch the whole thing? Feel free to download the slides or use these timestamps to watch the parts you want to:
- 1:18-What brought you here tonight
- 3:58-Foundational truths (our starting place)
- 7:23-My Story
- 14:37-Role of Substances (in life)
- 16:56-Question 1
- 35:41-Question 2
- 45:18-Question 3
- 56:00-Other ideas for substance use question
- 57:35-What’s next?
In this 1 hour Zoom webinar you’ll learn how to:
- Learn my top 3 questions for gathering information about client substance use
- Discover how each question can be used as an intervention
- Gain insight into your client’s history with substance use
- Determine what follow up may be needed based on the screening question results
Hi, I’m Betsy.
I’m here to help you gain confidence and competence in working with substance use.
I’m a licensed therapist, substance use counselor, clinical supervisor and a person in long-term recovery from substance use. When I started in our field I felt confident in my grad school education and life experience. I figured that I knew most of what I needed to know about doing therapy.
In my first year as a therapist I learned quickly that I was missing a large chunk of information. I had clients who were using substances and I realized I had no idea what to do. I had found my way into my own recovery from substances, but I didn’t know how to translate that to my clients.
I spent the following few years learning everything I could from the substance use counselors I worked with. I went to training, I read articles and talked with my clinical supervisor. I’m excited to bring this information to you so that you can bring more healing and freedom to your clients!